Winbourne is pleased to support the City of Virginia Beach Police Department (VBPD) in successfully transitioning to state-of-the-art Police Records Management and Mobile Enforcement (eCitation) systems.VBPD, in conjunction with City Information Technology (IT) Department, has successfully cutover to production of the Axon Records Management System (Axon RMS) and the Tyler Mobile Enforcement System as a critical component of its IT Modernization Strategy. Using these systems allows the department to sunset antiquated systems and migrate away from existing manual, paper-based processes and procedures. Before the cutover of these systems, the Department extensively utilized handwritten reports, documents, and paper tickets.
Both systems are modern, state-of-the-art, fully integrated, cloud-hosted solutions that will allow the Department to effectively and efficiently deploy public safety resources. Benefits include:
- Improved accuracy and timeliness of reports, including real-time information validation as end-users enter them.
- Eliminate delays in making critical crime data available to all users.
- Ability to make real-time data-based decisions regarding resource deployment.
- Universal query and search capabilities.
- Management dashboards to monitor the operational effectiveness
- Allow management to move from a reactive to a proactive law enforcement model
- Since information will be in real-time, officers, supervisors, and managers can use predictive modeling to anticipate areas of high crime and deploy resources to mitigate before escalation
- Use of pin maps to anticipate crime waves and trends
- Full integration with body cameras, CAD, and State/NCIC to provide officers with the most relevant and up-to-date information and allow supervisors to manage resources better
- Online field reporting allows officers to complete offense, accident, and arrest reports in the field and makes them available to supervisors and management immediately
- Integrated NIBRS edits prevent errors when reporting NIBRS data to the state of Virginia
- Automated citation writing and full integration with NIBRS and Virginia DMV data to promote officer safety and awareness.